Landfill is an important part of Australia’s waste management infrastructure. The siting, management and rehabilitation of landfill sites requires a high level of design and management to ensure that the environment and community is protected and aspirations are met.
Regulatory authorities have developed state specific landfill guidelines to assist landfill owners and operators with design and rehabilitation of landfill cells; ongoing environmental management, day to day operation and long term aftercare.
Australian Environmental Auditors (AEA) has a strong team of EPA appointed/accredited environmental auditors and technical experts across the country, including one of Australia’s foremost landfill gas experts available in house to clients.
Our extensive experience has shown that states, councils, independent owners and operators are increasing their diligence in design, operation and management through compliance with raising legislative and industry standards. As well as communities becoming more engaged in the environment and more active in opposing landfill sites.
- Operations audits
- Construction design verification of new cells
- Construction design verification of capping and rehabilitation
- Construction quality assurance audits of new cells
- Construction quality assurance audits of capping and rehabilitation
- Works approvals (Victoria)
- Hydrogeological assessments verification
- Environmental monitoring program verification
- Aftercare management plan verification
- Rehabilitation plan verification
- Risk assessment review
- Landfill gas and leachate management, control and assessment
- Landfill gas and leachate extraction systems
- Landfill operations, management and advisory support
- Expert witness