National Landfill Business Manager, Principal Technical Scientist
Stuart is one of Australia’s foremost landfill gas experts and heads up AEA’s landfill team. He has been with AEA since establishment.
He has over 20 years’ industry experience in landfill-related projects, both in the UK and Australia. He has provided high level technical support for a wide variety of projects, particularly in relation to landfill gas, operational issues and aftercare management.
Stuart has extensive experience in local governments all across the country and has a thorough understanding of the most recent regulatory legislation. He has also provided technical review of EPA guidance documents prior to public consultation.
After completing a degree in England and beginning his career as an environmental scientist at Cleanaway and subsequently as a landfill gas manager for CLP Envirogas, Stuart moved to Australia and has gained further experience working in environmental consulting at AECOM and providing technical support at OTEK before joining AEA.
Stuart is an avid football (Soccer) fan.
Stuart’s Key Technical Expertise
- Landfill Gas
- Landfill Operations
- Leachate Management
- Landfill Restoration and Aftercare
- Waste Management
- Construction Quality Assurance / Contract Management
- Environmental Monitoring and Compliance
- Environmental Site Assessment
- Environmental Auditor’s Expert Support (Landfill; Landfill Gas; Hazardous Ground Gasses and Vapours)
- Environmental Auditing as Auditor’s Assistant
- Expert Witness