AEA provides Contaminated Land and Landfill Expert Witness for legal practitioners around the country.
We have some of the highest technical scientists and environmental specialists in the industry; including multiple regulatory-appointed/accredited auditors across all states and an expert support team from various disciplines and qualifications, with CEnvP certification.
With most of our professionals possessing over 30 years’ experience, we offer an exemplary range of local and international expertise in several science and engineering fields.
AEA works for a variety of stakeholders and has had significant experience with virtually all types of contaminants in all types of industries. We are honest, pragmatic and accomplished in all areas of soil, groundwater, vapour contamination and landfill issues.
Our thorough understanding of the most recent regulatory legislation is critical to our roles as auditors and experts.
Our team provides sensible and scientific environmental solutions with a similar objective to legal practitioners: to help protect human health and the environment by maintaining compliance with legislation while pursuing sustainable outcomes for our clients.
Some scenarios where we have provided expert advice/witness support for legal practitioners includes:
- emerging contaminants at former legacy sites;
- disputes in planning conditions/restraints;
- landfill clean-up and licensing disputes;
- special expertise such as PFAS or asbestos;
- third party review of forensic techniques or environmental reports;
- unlawful operational activities;
- interpretation of data;
- historically contaminated land to be developed to a sensitive use (e.g. child care centre); and
- independent reviews of site closure plans.
→ Independent Contaminated Land Experts for Legal Practitioners
→ Independent Landfill Experts for Legal Practitioners