AEA has some of the most highly experienced technical landfill specialists in the country. With technical, operational and regulatory experience, our prolific and diverse national landfill team offers valuable, independent and trusted advice for operational and closed landfill related sites, as well as sites in the buffers of landfills.
We have a unique outlook in that we understand the balancing act of regulatory requirements mixed with commercial drivers, potential risks and gaining your desired project outcomes.
Our scientists and engineers offer high-end landfill reviews and advice for a range of needs, including:
- Landfill gas management and monitoring
- Background hazardous ground gas assessment and determination
- Soil vapour
- Leachate management and monitoring
- Landfill gas, hazardous ground gas, and vapour risk assessment
- Landfill gas modelling
- Landfill gas extraction (including power generation) system design and assessment
- Landfill gas mitigation system design and assessment
- Leachate management system design and assessment
- Hydrogeological assessment including risk assessment
- Hydrogeological modelling
- Landfill rehabilitation and restoration
- Long term aftercare
- Due diligence
- Financial assurance calculation and review
- Regulatory guidance
- Developing on landfills and within landfill buffer zones
- Independent, third party reviews
- Expert witness support
- Special expertise such as PFAS or asbestos
- Established links to top global experts in landfill gas management, landfill gas risk assessment, leachate, aftercare and landfill design.